Awards celebrate businesses that make Ipswich unique
- Credit: Archant
The finalists in the Ipswich Independents Award 2015 have been announced.
For the fourth year running, Ipswich Central is looking to crown the Ipswich Independent Business of the Year, as voted for by customers.
Voting has now closed in the search for Ipswich’s Independent Business of the Year 2015 and those votes have now been collected and counted.
The winner will be announced on October 29.
The title was won last year by Alaturka Turkish Restaurant in Great Colman Street, Ipswich.
Paul Clement, chief executive of Ipswich Central, said: “Independent businesses are what make Ipswich unique. They give the town character and enable a visitor experience like no other.
“The people of Ipswich love their independent businesses and we’ve received hundreds of nominations from people voting for their favourite shop, bar, restaurant and service over the last few weeks.
- 1 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 6 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 7 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 8 Attempted theft as cyclist's bag unzipped by man
- 9 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 10 Care home residents ride in limos and see the Dream Boys post Covid
“It’s independent businesses which will be the high street names of the future and it’s pleasing to see that Ipswich is home to so many people looking to embark on this journey.”
He said: “We are pleased to now be able to reveal the top 11 businesses this year.”
The finalists are:
• Riley and Riley
• Just Essentials
• Cool Beanz
• Pocketwatch and Petticoats
• Peggy’s Place
• Applaud Coffee
Helen Dodman Ipswich Centreal marketing manager added: “Our mystery shopper has already been out to sample the businesses above and has fed back on the overall experience of being a customer.
“Our judging panel will now meet to decide the winner and they will be awarded at the Ipswich Central Conference at the end of October.”
The Ipswich Central Conference takes place at the Waterfront Building, UCS on Thursday October 29, from 9am to 1pm.