Awards celebrate businesses that make Ipswich unique
- Credit: Archant
The finalists in the Ipswich Independents Award 2015 have been announced.
For the fourth year running, Ipswich Central is looking to crown the Ipswich Independent Business of the Year, as voted for by customers.
Voting has now closed in the search for Ipswich’s Independent Business of the Year 2015 and those votes have now been collected and counted.
The winner will be announced on October 29.
The title was won last year by Alaturka Turkish Restaurant in Great Colman Street, Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Clement, chief executive of Ipswich Central, said: “Independent businesses are what make Ipswich unique. They give the town character and enable a visitor experience like no other.
“The people of Ipswich love their independent businesses and we’ve received hundreds of nominations from people voting for their favourite shop, bar, restaurant and service over the last few weeks.
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 10 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
“It’s independent businesses which will be the high street names of the future and it’s pleasing to see that Ipswich is home to so many people looking to embark on this journey.”
He said: “We are pleased to now be able to reveal the top 11 businesses this year.”
The finalists are:
• Riley and Riley
• Just Essentials
• Cool Beanz
• Pocketwatch and Petticoats
• Peggy’s Place
• Applaud Coffee
Helen Dodman Ipswich Centreal marketing manager added: “Our mystery shopper has already been out to sample the businesses above and has fed back on the overall experience of being a customer.
“Our judging panel will now meet to decide the winner and they will be awarded at the Ipswich Central Conference at the end of October.”
The Ipswich Central Conference takes place at the Waterfront Building, UCS on Thursday October 29, from 9am to 1pm.