Businessman's fury over vandalism
A BUSINESSMAN today appealed for help in tracing the criminals who hurled a lump of concrete through his shop window.Hundreds of pounds worth of damage was caused to the John Keeble car sales business in Ship Lane, Bramford at about 2.
A BUSINESSMAN today appealed for help in tracing the criminals who hurled a lump of concrete through his shop window.
Hundreds of pounds worth of damage was caused to the John Keeble car sales business in Ship Lane, Bramford at about 2.15am yesterday.
Nigel Keeble, general manager of the family firm, is mystified why the attack took place.
He said: "We don't have anything valuable on the premises. There's no cash and the nearest thing we have to a computer is a calculator."
It is thought two men were responsible for the raid, which damaged some office furniture.
The criminals forced open a safe but found there was nothing inside.
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 5 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 6 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 7 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Felixstowe Christmas light switch on outshines dreary weather
- 10 'All about communication' - families seek answers after memorials discarded
Mr Keeble said: "It looks like the people wanted to break in for a reason but we don't seem to have lost anything.
"They set the alarm when they smashed the window and perhaps that scared them off. I hope it did."
He added images of the culprits, captured on a security camera, were being passed on to police.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.