Businessman's fury over vandalism
A BUSINESSMAN today appealed for help in tracing the criminals who hurled a lump of concrete through his shop window.Hundreds of pounds worth of damage was caused to the John Keeble car sales business in Ship Lane, Bramford at about 2.
A BUSINESSMAN today appealed for help in tracing the criminals who hurled a lump of concrete through his shop window.
Hundreds of pounds worth of damage was caused to the John Keeble car sales business in Ship Lane, Bramford at about 2.15am yesterday.
Nigel Keeble, general manager of the family firm, is mystified why the attack took place.
He said: "We don't have anything valuable on the premises. There's no cash and the nearest thing we have to a computer is a calculator."
You may also want to watch:
It is thought two men were responsible for the raid, which damaged some office furniture.
The criminals forced open a safe but found there was nothing inside.
- 1 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 2 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 5 Woman thought partner was going to kill her during row, court hears
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Ipswich man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Ipswich has lowest Covid-19 rate in England, new figures show
- 9 Ipswich man charged with GBH following alleged stabbing
- 10 Ipswich newsagents has licence revoked over sales of super-strength lager
Mr Keeble said: "It looks like the people wanted to break in for a reason but we don't seem to have lost anything.
"They set the alarm when they smashed the window and perhaps that scared them off. I hope it did."
He added images of the culprits, captured on a security camera, were being passed on to police.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.