Sweet treats for Chantry Library users as baker opens second site
- Credit: Ella Wilkinson
A new partnership between Chantry Library and Sweet William's Bakery is bringing sweet treats to readers.
The café has been open in the library since spring, but the partnership with the much-loved Chantry-based baker is newly-announced.
Zoe Hayman-Cox, who runs Sweet William's at the pavilion in Chantry Park, teased her social media followers with "an interesting meeting" on November 4, before announcing the partnership the next day.
James Powell, spokesman for Suffolk Libraries, said: "We are very pleased to be working with Sweet William’s Bakery who will soon be providing our café service at Chantry Library.
"We are initially looking for volunteers to help run the café when it opens on Monday November 22.
"If successful, the aim is to recruit new staff to run the cafe in the future. The café will be serving hot and cold drinks and a range of homemade cakes and snacks all provided by Zoe, who runs Sweet William’s Bakery.
"There has been a café at the library since May but we’ve recently been looking for a new provider to help us run it.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 6 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 7 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 8 Ipswich business worry as customers rein back spending
- 9 Ipswich family celebrate their funny and likeable son with football match
- 10 Delays near Orwell Bridge after wheels of trailer carrying boat fall off
"Chantry Library is at the heart of its local community providing a range of services and activities for people of all ages. There aren’t many cafés in the area so it’s great to be able to provide yet another service for local people to enjoy when they’re visiting the library."
To express an interest in volunteering, contact Chantry Library or check out Suffolk Libraries volunteering opportunities online.