Eastern Enterprise Hub in Ipswich secures NatWest funding for ex-Armed Force Entrepreneurs Programme
- Credit: Archant
The Eastern Enterprise Hub in Ipswich has been awarded a £22,435 share of NatWest Bank’s Skills and Opportunities Fund.
It is one of 12 organisations across the East of England and the Midlands to benefit from the £200,000 funding pot following a public vote.
The grant will be used by the hub to support part of its social enterprise programme which aims to give former farmed forces personnel the confidence, knowledge and connections to develop their own successful and sustainable enterprises.
Digby Chacksfield, chief executive at the Eastern Enterprise Hub, said: “The funding from the NatWest Skills and Opportunities fund will enable us to move forward with our ex-Armed Forces Entrepreneurs Programme which supports ex-services personnel to set up their own enterprise.
“Attendees will gain the confidence, knowledge and connections to develop their own successful and sustainable enterprises.”
You may also want to watch:
Janat Hulston, chair of NatWest’s Midlands and East regional board, said: “Through the Skills and Opportunities Fund, we have been able to support a range of programmes across the Midlands and East of England in their development and delivery, and like those programmes that have won previously, Eastern Enterprise Hub has created a fantastic programme through its social enterprise which will have a positive impact on the local community.
“The impact of these projects, which are helping people to build new skills, get into work or start their own business, is fantastic and I would encourage anyone who wasn’t successful this time to try again when applications open early next year.”
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 4 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 5 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora