Leading haulage operators secure port site
- Credit: Archant
Road hauliers Express Freight Services has leased a 1.34 acre compound at the Port of Ipswich.
The firm has struck a deal with port owners Associated British Ports (ABP) for secure vehicle storage and office space at West Bank Terminal.
ABP undertook a range of works, including re-surfacing the yard, line painting and installed new security fencing in order to prepare for the arrival of its tenant.
MORE — New lock gates installed at town portAndrew Baxter, Managing Director at Express Freight Services, said the firm was “pleased” to have secured a new lease at the terminal.
ABP Wales and short sea ports director Andrew Harston said: “We are delighted to announce this new lease with Express Freight Services who are a leading road transport services provider in the area.
“We look forward to continuing to provide the well-connected, secure space they need to support their business.”
You may also want to watch:
The ports’ West Bank has more than 30 acres of secure open storage space used for port-related warehousing, logistics and office accommodation.
- 1 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 2 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 3 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 4 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
- 6 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 7 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 8 'Yet another blow' as town bank earmarked for closure
- 9 Supermarket chain set to recruit thousands more staff
- 10 'Striking' Ipswich town centre office block on sale for £3million