Leading haulage operators secure port site
- Credit: Archant
Road hauliers Express Freight Services has leased a 1.34 acre compound at the Port of Ipswich.
The firm has struck a deal with port owners Associated British Ports (ABP) for secure vehicle storage and office space at West Bank Terminal.
ABP undertook a range of works, including re-surfacing the yard, line painting and installed new security fencing in order to prepare for the arrival of its tenant.
MORE — New lock gates installed at town portAndrew Baxter, Managing Director at Express Freight Services, said the firm was “pleased” to have secured a new lease at the terminal.
ABP Wales and short sea ports director Andrew Harston said: “We are delighted to announce this new lease with Express Freight Services who are a leading road transport services provider in the area.
“We look forward to continuing to provide the well-connected, secure space they need to support their business.”
You may also want to watch:
The ports’ West Bank has more than 30 acres of secure open storage space used for port-related warehousing, logistics and office accommodation.
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 3 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 4 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 5 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 6 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert