Leading haulage operators secure port site
- Credit: Archant
Road hauliers Express Freight Services has leased a 1.34 acre compound at the Port of Ipswich.
The firm has struck a deal with port owners Associated British Ports (ABP) for secure vehicle storage and office space at West Bank Terminal.
ABP undertook a range of works, including re-surfacing the yard, line painting and installed new security fencing in order to prepare for the arrival of its tenant.
MORE — New lock gates installed at town portAndrew Baxter, Managing Director at Express Freight Services, said the firm was “pleased” to have secured a new lease at the terminal.
ABP Wales and short sea ports director Andrew Harston said: “We are delighted to announce this new lease with Express Freight Services who are a leading road transport services provider in the area.
“We look forward to continuing to provide the well-connected, secure space they need to support their business.”
The ports’ West Bank has more than 30 acres of secure open storage space used for port-related warehousing, logistics and office accommodation.
- 1 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 5 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 6 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas