New post office service launched for Ipswich community
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A new Post Office has opened in Felixstowe Road, putting to an end years of the road being without postal services.
A new post office has opened in Ipswich's Felixstowe Road, putting to an end several years of the road being without postal services.
Instead of opening a new branch in its entirety, the services are now available inside the existing Cockrams Convenience Store.
Open for 72 hours a week - from 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday - staff have boasted the new space offers a "modern open-plan retail environment".
The previous branch shut in 2010.
Services from postal to returns and banking will be available from the shop's counter, allowing customers to access post office services alongside their shopping.
Kevin Cox, post office network operation manager, said: "We know how important our services are to customers, and are confident this brand new post office alongside Cliff Lane, Queen Way and Cauldwell Hall Road will ensure that people in this area of Ipswich have easy access to our services."
- 1 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 5 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 6 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 7 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station