New post office service launched for Ipswich community
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A new Post Office has opened in Felixstowe Road, putting to an end years of the road being without postal services.
A new post office has opened in Ipswich's Felixstowe Road, putting to an end several years of the road being without postal services.
Instead of opening a new branch in its entirety, the services are now available inside the existing Cockrams Convenience Store.
Open for 72 hours a week - from 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday - staff have boasted the new space offers a "modern open-plan retail environment".
The previous branch shut in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
Services from postal to returns and banking will be available from the shop's counter, allowing customers to access post office services alongside their shopping.
Kevin Cox, post office network operation manager, said: "We know how important our services are to customers, and are confident this brand new post office alongside Cliff Lane, Queen Way and Cauldwell Hall Road will ensure that people in this area of Ipswich have easy access to our services."
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before