Fishing for compliments at Waterfront Diner
- Credit: Archant
Something is making a bit of a splash at Suffolk Water Park, at Bramford near Ipswich.
The family business which runs the coarse fishing lakes, only a short drive out from Ipswich, has invested heavily in a new and improved restaurant overlooking the fishing lakes - the Waterfront Diner.
Hannah Clapperton, daughter-in-law of business owner Peter Clapperton, project managed the Waterfront Diner which has now re-opened with a special guest night to thank those who have have been involved in the development.
Hannah Clapperton said: “It is already proving very popular.
“We have fully refurbished and extended the cafe to make the Waterfront Diner and a separate tackle and bait shop has been built on sit.
You may also want to watch:
“I project managed and designed it.
“We had to close for six weeks for the work to take place.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 5 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 6 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 'You only get one education' - student never misses day of secondary school
“We are really pleased and very proud of it.
“We really hope the customers will enjoy what we have done here.
“The lakes are a tourist attraction themselves, fishing is a very popular sport, and this is something extra.”
The Waterfront Diner is managed by Caroline Heffer.
Entrepreneur and Suffolk Water Park owner Peter Clapperton said: “I bought the site in 2001 and we had a little cafe and a tackle shop, little more than a shed, at first.
“We have always attracted the anglers and fishermen and gradually other people heard about it.
“And we changed the tackle shop to make a bigger cafe seven/eight years ago.
“Caroline (Heffer) came along and she is a real diamond. She works very hard. She has really developed it and outgrown the space.
“We decided we would invest a lot of money and turn it into a really nice diner.
“Caroline offers traditional food, full English breakfasts and meat and three veg, which people like.
“We must have three or four hundred people for meals here on Sunday.
“The lakes are very popular with coarse anglers, we have seven lakes with lots of fish - carp, bream and roach.
“I think this is one of the top ten fishing sites in the country.
“I think Ipswich should be proud of it. It is only five minutes from the centre of Ipswich.”