New fashion boutique set to open in Ipswich town centre
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A fashion store is opening soon in Ipswich town centre after linking up with a successful salon.
Gina Foster, who opened her first fashion shop last year, cannot wait to welcome people to her new Gigi Boutique store at Lewis Hair Hairdressers in Dogs Head Street.
The big opening of the fashion store in Ipswich town centre is taking place on July 29.
Gina said: “I opened my first independent women's fashion boutique about a year ago, in lockdown.
“The business in Needham Market has been really successful, so I decided to open up a second shop in Ipswich.
“I'm friends with the Lewis salon owner, Lisa Fyatt, and we've got our heads together. It’s incredible how women can support each other. I will open my shop inside the hairdressers, on the top floor.
Gina said that the clothes in her shop will also be affordable, ranging from £10 to £200.
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 8 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 10 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
The Boutique offers unique bits of fashion that cannot be found anywhere else.
Gina said: “In my shop women can find clothes for special occasions as well as everyday casual things.
“A lot of my customers say it’s really nice to wear items that nobody else is going to have.”
The owner fell in love with fashion many years ago, when she was a model.
“I just love fashion. It's been my absolute life. I've been in fashion for 30 years. I love how quickly it changes and how everybody can express themselves through it. You can just be anything you want to be.”
Gina always wanted to open her own boutique and sell unique clothes.
“When you look around Ipswich, you can see many empty stores. It’s quite hard for independent owners to open their businesses here. Everything is a gamble.
“That’s why we got together with Lewis hairdressers and decided to put the boutique in an already established business.
“They have been operating for over 25 years and have a good client base. I hope my second fashion store in Ipswich will be as successful as this in Needham Market.”