Ipswich barbers named among Britain’s best cutters
- Credit: Archant
A pair of Ipswich barbers are hoping to be a cut above the rest as they compete to win a national hairdressing title.
Giovanni and Fabio De Lellis, of the Francesco Hair Slaon, have already been named amongst the country's top cutters by reaching the finals of the Britain's Best 2019 competition at Salon International.
Fabio, 27, is in the Barber of the Year category while Giovanni, 32, is in the Men's Cut and Finish category.
They will find out if they have won at the finals of the competition, run by the National Hairdressers Federation, at the ExCeL Centre in London on October 6.
Giovanni De Lellis said: "We are really looking forward to it. It is going to be a very big event."
The Francesco Hair Salon team has had a busy year demonstrating on stage around the UK, including the Scottish Hair Show in Glasgow, Barber UK in Birmingham and Barber Connect in Telford.
Dad Franco De Lellis first came to Ipswich from Italy and trained to be a hairdresser here in 1975.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 6 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 7 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 8 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 9 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 10 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
Sons Giovanni, Fabio and Ciro have followed him into the profession.