Ipswich barbers named among Britain’s best cutters
- Credit: Archant
A pair of Ipswich barbers are hoping to be a cut above the rest as they compete to win a national hairdressing title.
Giovanni and Fabio De Lellis, of the Francesco Hair Slaon, have already been named amongst the country's top cutters by reaching the finals of the Britain's Best 2019 competition at Salon International.
Fabio, 27, is in the Barber of the Year category while Giovanni, 32, is in the Men's Cut and Finish category.
They will find out if they have won at the finals of the competition, run by the National Hairdressers Federation, at the ExCeL Centre in London on October 6.
Giovanni De Lellis said: "We are really looking forward to it. It is going to be a very big event."
You may also want to watch:
The Francesco Hair Salon team has had a busy year demonstrating on stage around the UK, including the Scottish Hair Show in Glasgow, Barber UK in Birmingham and Barber Connect in Telford.
Dad Franco De Lellis first came to Ipswich from Italy and trained to be a hairdresser here in 1975.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 6 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 7 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
Sons Giovanni, Fabio and Ciro have followed him into the profession.