Ipswich barbers named among Britain’s best cutters
- Credit: Archant
A pair of Ipswich barbers are hoping to be a cut above the rest as they compete to win a national hairdressing title.
Giovanni and Fabio De Lellis, of the Francesco Hair Slaon, have already been named amongst the country's top cutters by reaching the finals of the Britain's Best 2019 competition at Salon International.
Fabio, 27, is in the Barber of the Year category while Giovanni, 32, is in the Men's Cut and Finish category.
They will find out if they have won at the finals of the competition, run by the National Hairdressers Federation, at the ExCeL Centre in London on October 6.
Giovanni De Lellis said: "We are really looking forward to it. It is going to be a very big event."
You may also want to watch:
The Francesco Hair Salon team has had a busy year demonstrating on stage around the UK, including the Scottish Hair Show in Glasgow, Barber UK in Birmingham and Barber Connect in Telford.
Dad Franco De Lellis first came to Ipswich from Italy and trained to be a hairdresser here in 1975.
- 1 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 2 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 4 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 5 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
- 6 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 7 'Yet another blow' as town bank earmarked for closure
- 8 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 9 'Striking' Ipswich town centre office block on sale for £3million
- 10 Supermarket chain set to recruit thousands more staff
Sons Giovanni, Fabio and Ciro have followed him into the profession.