Hairdresser and blogger Matt tells it how it is
- Credit: Archant
Young Ipswich hairdresser Matt Richards has been chosen as Student Ambassador 2016 for the alan d Hairdressing Education academy in Ipswich.
Matt works at the Judith Hair Fashions salon in Cauldwell Hall Road, Ipswich, and said he was very pleased to be chosen.
Matt, who attended Copleston High School, said he was looking forward to a long career in hairdressing.
“I am ambitious,” he said.
He is also a former Co-op Juniors member, and in his spare time, likes to tap dance.
Edwards Hemmings, director of alan d Hairdressing Education said: “Alan d are delighted to announce that Ipswich student Matt Richards has been nominated the title of Student Ambassador 2016.
“He will be helping to spread the Alan d word by representing Alan d at industry events, on social media and by writing monthly blogs on the aland.co.uk website.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 4 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 7 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Being called ‘woke’ by older people an ‘insult’ says Suffolk students
- 10 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
“In this fast paced, media savvy world, we realise that our message is better spread by people who’ve used and benefitted from our unique training methods, which is why we decided to establish the student ambassador role.
“We are consistently getting 5* reviews on our Facebook page which is great, but by appointing Matt as our ambassador, we will go one stage further, by allowing our message to be heard organically from one of our own students.
“Matt will be posting weekly about his experiences both in salon at Judith Hair Fashions, Ipswich and, as he completes his NVQ Level 3 course at the Ipswich academy. He will welcome questions from people and is proof that with hard work and good employer behind you, you can achieve anything.
“Matt was chosen to represent us from a selection of 20 of our most promising students of 2016 as his commitment to hairdressing is un-questionable. His interest in social media was the icing on the cake.”
It’s going to be a great year for Matt.
“Not only will he complete his training, qualify and really begin his career in hairdressing, but he’ll also be raising his own professional profile further, and we’ll be able to join him on his journey and hear his first hand account.
“Already, he has taken part in London Fashion Week with our Academy Principal, Kevin Day, taken part in our Ipswich Open Day & has also made a live guest appearance on Town102 local radio station.”