How this building society is helping Ipswich children get financially savvy
- Credit: Archant
Staff at the Ipswich branch of the Yorkshire Building Society are holding an event to help teach financial education to children during the October half term holidays.
The branch, in Tavern Street, is set to host the event on Wednesday, October 23 and visitors are invited to drop in between 11am and 3pm.
Children will be able to participate in the society's 'money minds' sessions, delivered by colleagues, and suitable for kids aged between five and 11 years old. There will also be balloon and sweet giveaways.
Matthew Phillip, branch manager in Ipswich, said: "We know holidays can be an expensive time for families so we wanted to offer some fun and free activities for children in Ipswich.
"Learning how to effectively manage finances is a vital life skill.
You may also want to watch:
"We really want to engage children, parents and grandparents in the area to help them start conversations about money and pass on their knowledge."
- 1 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 2 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 5 Woman thought partner was going to kill her during row, court hears
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Ipswich man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Ipswich has lowest Covid-19 rate in England, new figures show
- 9 Ipswich newsagents has licence revoked over sales of super-strength lager
- 10 Ipswich man charged with GBH following alleged stabbing