Honour for successful Ipswich-based construction firm
- Credit: Archant
Barnes Construction receives Responsible Business Award
In recognition of their achievements during 2014 and for being a proactive member, Barnes Construction is the first Business in the UK to be awarded the Trading for Good Responsible Business Award.
Trading for Good is a digital platform that helps businesses strengthen their reputation and grow through showcasing the good work they do in their local communities. It was conceived in 2012, out of the government’s ‘Every Business Commits’ (EBC) agenda, which centres around five priorities for sustainable business behaviour.
Barnes Construction was, not only the first business to meet the requirement of five activities within 12 months with five endorsements, but also went on to record on their profile, a total of 25 activities during 2014, which were supported by eight endorsements from young people who have been employed by Barnes over recent years.
Natalie Chaplin, Regional Ambassador for Trading for Good commented: “I have been really impressed with the contribution that Barnes has made. The quality of the responses is testimony to the excellent training and development that Barnes offers. This local construction company really understands that to ensure success, talented young people are the life blood of any business and as a result, they developed a number of activities; one of which is Helping Young People into Work.”
You may also want to watch:
Subsequently, Barnes led the way in the industry locally, by inviting Trading for Good to the Forum for the Built Environment (East Anglia), to encourage others in the construction industry across the region to join and demonstrate best practice. As a result, a number of local companies have joined Trading for Good.
Mark Bailey, director at Barnes Construction added: “Trading for Good is an excellent vehicle for us to record and store our local community CSR activities. Additionally, it makes life a little easier when preparing support information for clients.”
- 1 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 2 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 7 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 8 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car