Ipswich cab company Cabs Smart has moved across town to new offices in Falcon Street, Ipswich.
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Smart new home for Cabs Smart
The smart new cab offices, opposite the Buttermarket shopping centre, were officially opened by Ipswich MP Ben Gummer, before an audience of regular customers and drivers.
Mr Gummer welcome the new offices and paid tribute to the company in finding and developing their new home.
The new office complex, formerly an accountants office, provides spacious accommodation for the company, which operates 24 hours a day serving local customers.
Cabs Smart has moved from Upper Orwell Street to the new location.
The offices include a reception area for customers and cab control office, at ground floor level, with a suite of offices above, including a drivers’ lounge for drivers taking breaks, training room and individual offices.
Owner Binumon Thankachan said: “We have been after this place for three years. It has taken 18 months to go through planning and we are very pleased to be here now.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
“There is space here for the business to grown and expand. We have our own software which makes us different from other companies.”
Landlord Roger Girling said: “It is nice to see it back in use. We wish Cabs Smart every success.”