Ipswich cab company Cabs Smart has moved across town to new offices in Falcon Street, Ipswich.
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Smart new home for Cabs Smart
The smart new cab offices, opposite the Buttermarket shopping centre, were officially opened by Ipswich MP Ben Gummer, before an audience of regular customers and drivers.
Mr Gummer welcome the new offices and paid tribute to the company in finding and developing their new home.
The new office complex, formerly an accountants office, provides spacious accommodation for the company, which operates 24 hours a day serving local customers.
Cabs Smart has moved from Upper Orwell Street to the new location.
You may also want to watch:
The offices include a reception area for customers and cab control office, at ground floor level, with a suite of offices above, including a drivers’ lounge for drivers taking breaks, training room and individual offices.
Owner Binumon Thankachan said: “We have been after this place for three years. It has taken 18 months to go through planning and we are very pleased to be here now.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Two Suffolk centres offering walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations tomorrow
- 5 Man appears in court to face charges after Ipswich 'brawl'
- 6 Ipswich nursery rated as 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 7 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 8 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 9 Ipswich city bid dropped after failing to get backing from MP Tom Hunt
- 10 Staff ‘burnt out and tearful’: Whistleblowers raise alarm over hospital maternity safety
“There is space here for the business to grown and expand. We have our own software which makes us different from other companies.”
Landlord Roger Girling said: “It is nice to see it back in use. We wish Cabs Smart every success.”