Ipswich Subway still ‘working to reopen’ nine months after blaze
- Credit: Archant
A popular Subway restaurant in the centre of Ipswich remains shutdown nine months after a late night blaze gutted the store.
The sandwich shop, in Carr Street, has been boarded up since September last year.
Five fire crews were called on the night and battled for around an hour to get the blaze under control.
At the beginning of the year signs appeared in the shop front promising 'This store will be reopening in the near future'.
However, six months later an official opening date is still unknown.
A Subway spokesman remained tight-lipped about the progress but said: "Following a fire last year, the Subway at Carr Street is currently closed down.
"We are working to reopen as soon as possible, and look forward to sharing further updates with the local community as able."
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman