Ipswich Gala bingo hall is sold in a mult-million pound deal
- Credit: Archant
Strong demand for commercial investment property in Ipswich
The Ipswich Gala bingo hall, close to Ranelagh Road, has been sold in a multi-million pound deal.
Property consultant Eddisons has sold the 29,000 sq ft bingo hall in Ipswich for close to the asking price of £5.5m.
The detached property, on a 2-acre site on Ipswich’s Orwell Retail Park, is occupied by Gala Bingo and generates an annual rental income of £377,138. Abdul Jambo, associate director at Eddisons, said: “Properties generating this scale of returns and with a good lease length are becoming increasingly rare in Ipswich.
“With nine years remaining on its lease and a healthy rental income of not far off £400,000 a year, the building was an excellent prospect and we are really pleased to have completed the deal for very close to the asking price.”
You may also want to watch:
Eddisons has also been appointed to auction a number of Ipswich properties including a 78,000sq ft premises on Carr Street that is fully let to Poundland until 2023, and which generates a rental income of £250,000 a year. The property, which also has a basement and car park, offers long-term redevelopment potential and is expected to achieve in excess of £4.25m.
The auction takes place in Leeds on February 25.
- 1 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 4 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 5 Diesel trains from Ipswich to get fuel delivered by road
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 8 New River Church opens its doors on Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Revealed: Waterfront flats to be wrapped in 'breathable' material while cladding replaced
- 10 Ipswich student sets sights on UFC after binge-watching Rocky films