Ipswich Gala bingo hall is sold in a mult-million pound deal
- Credit: Archant
Strong demand for commercial investment property in Ipswich
The Ipswich Gala bingo hall, close to Ranelagh Road, has been sold in a multi-million pound deal.
Property consultant Eddisons has sold the 29,000 sq ft bingo hall in Ipswich for close to the asking price of £5.5m.
The detached property, on a 2-acre site on Ipswich’s Orwell Retail Park, is occupied by Gala Bingo and generates an annual rental income of £377,138. Abdul Jambo, associate director at Eddisons, said: “Properties generating this scale of returns and with a good lease length are becoming increasingly rare in Ipswich.
“With nine years remaining on its lease and a healthy rental income of not far off £400,000 a year, the building was an excellent prospect and we are really pleased to have completed the deal for very close to the asking price.”
You may also want to watch:
Eddisons has also been appointed to auction a number of Ipswich properties including a 78,000sq ft premises on Carr Street that is fully let to Poundland until 2023, and which generates a rental income of £250,000 a year. The property, which also has a basement and car park, offers long-term redevelopment potential and is expected to achieve in excess of £4.25m.
The auction takes place in Leeds on February 25.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today