Suffolk haulage firm wins national award
- Credit: MAGNUS GROUP
A family run Suffolk logistics firm has scooped a prestigious industry award.
Magnus Group, based in Great Blakenham, Ipswich, was crowned South East Regional Member of the Year, at the Pall-Ex annual awards.
The company was started in the 1970s by Paul Magnus but has recently been taken over by his son Olly.
MORE - HMRC set to shed nearly 100 posts with move to new Suffolk siteOlly Magnus, 46, said: "It's not easy to step in to the footsteps of your own father and continue the legacy of his career in logistics, but staff have really supported me through that and shown that they are so passionate about what the company does.
"Every member of the team has worked tirelessly over recent months to ensure our customer service and our business delivery is first class, and that we are a force to be reckoned with in the decade ahead.
"I'm enormously proud to think that the business has secured this award - in particular because it is voted for by peers in the sector."
The company employs 120 people and operates 50 trucks from its base in Great Blakenham.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 9 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 10 New military shop opens in Sailmakers selling Christmas gifts