Suffolk haulage firm wins national award
- Credit: MAGNUS GROUP
A family run Suffolk logistics firm has scooped a prestigious industry award.
Magnus Group, based in Great Blakenham, Ipswich, was crowned South East Regional Member of the Year, at the Pall-Ex annual awards.
The company was started in the 1970s by Paul Magnus but has recently been taken over by his son Olly.
MORE - HMRC set to shed nearly 100 posts with move to new Suffolk siteOlly Magnus, 46, said: "It's not easy to step in to the footsteps of your own father and continue the legacy of his career in logistics, but staff have really supported me through that and shown that they are so passionate about what the company does.
"Every member of the team has worked tirelessly over recent months to ensure our customer service and our business delivery is first class, and that we are a force to be reckoned with in the decade ahead.
"I'm enormously proud to think that the business has secured this award - in particular because it is voted for by peers in the sector."
You may also want to watch:
The company employs 120 people and operates 50 trucks from its base in Great Blakenham.
- 1 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer joins Ipswich bingo night
- 3 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 6 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 7 Why you should be heading to Beach Street this Saturday
- 8 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 9 Mum's pride as former Ipswich schoolboy named in Tokyo 2020 Olympics squad
- 10 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password