Ipswich mayor Roger Ferm gives law firm staff dementia training
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich solicitors Gotelee have received dementia training from the mayor of Ipswich, Roger Fern.
Roger is a volunteer for Ipswich Dementia Action Alliance and is dementia champion for the charity.
He has a passion to involve as many Ipswich businesses and get them committed to being dementia friends.
The team of solicitors and support staff gave up their lunch hour to have some dementia training which included activities and games.
The training took an hour and covered the essential points that would assist a dementia client and their family. Staff that took part signed a commitment card to become dementia friends.
Peter Crix, head of the Wills and Probate team said:“Our solicitors are committed to supporting those living with dementia and their families so it is beneficial for all staff to have some training. Our staff can do little things and make a big difference. We pride ourselves on being a local firm and we enjoy doing our bit of the community.”
Roger Fern said:“Dementia affects so many of us directly or indirectly, so to have as many local services that are sympathetic and supportive of those living with dementia, really does make a big difference to them and their families. As a trained dementia champion, I have the ambition to assist in making Ipswich a dementia friendly town and change the way people think, act and talk about dementia.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 6 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 7 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Being called ‘woke’ by older people an ‘insult’ says Suffolk students
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
Roger will further train the Gotelee satellite offices staff who couldn’t attend the lunch at the Ipswich office.
The Hadleigh office became part of the Hadleigh Dementia Action Alliance at the end of last year.