Ipswich: Pamper day to help hospital
- Credit: Archant
Raising money to help children’s hospital
Felixstowe grandmother Jackie Ruffles has teamed up with local beauty salons to help raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
A special Pamper Day for women is being held on Sunday March 16 to support the children’s hospital charity,
Jackie has set herself the target of raising £10,000 durimng 2014 to help the hospital where her granddaugher Millie, now three-years-old, has been having treatment for cancer for the second time in her young life.
Jackied said: “It is a magical place.
You may also want to watch:
“The Great Ormond Street staff have been absolutely brilliant.”
Millie, who lives with her parents Vanessa and Steve and younger sister Gracie in London, had an operation to remove a tumour when she was only nine-months-old.
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 5 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 6 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 10 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
When she was two-and-a-half it was discovered the tumour had returned at Millie had to face chemotherapy and thena a further operation.
“It has been very hard for the family but she is doing really well. She is a brave little girl and the hospital have been great.”
Staff from John Oliver’s hair salon in Great Colman Street and Carolyn Hammond Health and Beauty Clinic have volunteered to help by providing the expertise for a ladies Pamper Day, at The Retreat in Fore Street on Sunday March 16.
“I have been a client of John Oliver for 20 years,” said Jackie, “and Linda at John Olivers suggested a pamper day.
“There are just a few places left.”
The day will include hairstyling and treatment by John Oliver stylists and other treatments, including manicures and make-up by Hayley Capey of Carolyn Hammond.
There are various options available, priced from £40 to £80.
The Pamper day at The Retreat, Fore Street in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital charity, GOSH is on March 16.
Places are limited.
Contact Jackie Ruffles on 01394 766014 to book a place.