Ipswich: Pamper day to help hospital
- Credit: Archant
Raising money to help children’s hospital
Felixstowe grandmother Jackie Ruffles has teamed up with local beauty salons to help raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
A special Pamper Day for women is being held on Sunday March 16 to support the children’s hospital charity,
Jackie has set herself the target of raising £10,000 durimng 2014 to help the hospital where her granddaugher Millie, now three-years-old, has been having treatment for cancer for the second time in her young life.
Jackied said: “It is a magical place.
“The Great Ormond Street staff have been absolutely brilliant.”
Millie, who lives with her parents Vanessa and Steve and younger sister Gracie in London, had an operation to remove a tumour when she was only nine-months-old.
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 4 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 5 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 8 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 9 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
- 10 Driver caught doing 64mph in 40mph section of A12
When she was two-and-a-half it was discovered the tumour had returned at Millie had to face chemotherapy and thena a further operation.
“It has been very hard for the family but she is doing really well. She is a brave little girl and the hospital have been great.”
Staff from John Oliver’s hair salon in Great Colman Street and Carolyn Hammond Health and Beauty Clinic have volunteered to help by providing the expertise for a ladies Pamper Day, at The Retreat in Fore Street on Sunday March 16.
“I have been a client of John Oliver for 20 years,” said Jackie, “and Linda at John Olivers suggested a pamper day.
“There are just a few places left.”
The day will include hairstyling and treatment by John Oliver stylists and other treatments, including manicures and make-up by Hayley Capey of Carolyn Hammond.
There are various options available, priced from £40 to £80.
The Pamper day at The Retreat, Fore Street in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital charity, GOSH is on March 16.
Places are limited.
Contact Jackie Ruffles on 01394 766014 to book a place.