Ipswich: Project to improve the Regatta Quay area
- Credit: Lucy taylor
Landscaping work underway at the Waterfront
Contractors have moved in to landscape the area around Regatta Quay in Key Street, Ipswich.
Alex Leader, of agents Savills said: “This work will open up views of the Waterfront from the one-way system,
“It is already starting to look better and it is only the demolition stage so far.
“It is very positive news for the area.
“People want to see investment in the area and for it to be a nice environment for people to live in.
“It will provide about 65 car parking spaces for people living here in Regatta Quay.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 6 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 7 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 8 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
“Instead of hoardings there will landscaping, traditional railings and trees.
“Weather permitting, we hope the work will be done by Christmas.
“It is another sign of activity returning to the Waterfront area.
“It is nice to see improvements and investment there.”