Ipswich: Project to improve the Regatta Quay area
- Credit: Lucy taylor
Landscaping work underway at the Waterfront
Contractors have moved in to landscape the area around Regatta Quay in Key Street, Ipswich.
Alex Leader, of agents Savills said: “This work will open up views of the Waterfront from the one-way system,
“It is already starting to look better and it is only the demolition stage so far.
“It is very positive news for the area.
You may also want to watch:
“People want to see investment in the area and for it to be a nice environment for people to live in.
“It will provide about 65 car parking spaces for people living here in Regatta Quay.
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 5 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 6 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 10 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
“Instead of hoardings there will landscaping, traditional railings and trees.
“Weather permitting, we hope the work will be done by Christmas.
“It is another sign of activity returning to the Waterfront area.
“It is nice to see improvements and investment there.”