Fashion chain axes Ipswich store after sales ‘battered by pandemic’
- Credit: Archant
Women’s clothing retailer Quiz is keeping 15 stores across the UK permanently closed – including the one in Ipswich.
The store, in the Sailmakers shopping centre, is one of 15 which will not reopen after a major restructuring sparked by the coronavirus outbreak.
A sign on the store’s window stated it was now closed. It opened in the centre in 2010 and four years ago underwent a £4million refurbishment.
Quiz does have a concession store in Debenhams in Ipswich.
It comes as Quiz bosses told investors that 48 of the 75 outlets it operated prior to lockdown had reopened, which includes one in Norwich.
In June, the retailer put its business into administration with the loss of 93 jobs. Revenues plunged by 77% to £13 million for the five months to August 31 after it was “hammered by the enforced closure of stores,” it stated.
Online sales dived by 54% over the period to £8 million and in August remained 11% lower than the same period last year.
- 1 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 6 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 7 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 8 Attempted theft as cyclist's bag unzipped by man
- 9 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 10 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth