Fashion chain axes Ipswich store after sales ‘battered by pandemic’
- Credit: Archant
Women’s clothing retailer Quiz is keeping 15 stores across the UK permanently closed – including the one in Ipswich.
The store, in the Sailmakers shopping centre, is one of 15 which will not reopen after a major restructuring sparked by the coronavirus outbreak.
A sign on the store’s window stated it was now closed. It opened in the centre in 2010 and four years ago underwent a £4million refurbishment.
Quiz does have a concession store in Debenhams in Ipswich.
It comes as Quiz bosses told investors that 48 of the 75 outlets it operated prior to lockdown had reopened, which includes one in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
In June, the retailer put its business into administration with the loss of 93 jobs. Revenues plunged by 77% to £13 million for the five months to August 31 after it was “hammered by the enforced closure of stores,” it stated.
Online sales dived by 54% over the period to £8 million and in August remained 11% lower than the same period last year.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 6 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 9 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close