Ipswich: Successful first year for software company
- Credit: Archant
An online software company from Ipswich is celebrating, after signing up its 3000th company in the first year of being in business.
Inform Direct provides a cloud based solution enabling businesses and their professional advisers to manage all their company records. The service provides an online platform for a range of actions including submitting annual returns, updating shareholder records, creating share certificates, changing your company name, producing dividend vouchers and forming a new company.
Inform Direct was set by Ipswich entrepreneur Henry Catchpole who in late 2013 aimed to raise £300,000 in funding via crowdfunding platform Syndicate Room.
The company managed to attract notable angels, high net-worth individuals, and sophisticated investors, who helped the company achieve a remarkable £450,000 in total funding in less than two weeks. This was the fastest close record ever on the platform.
On its rapid growth Henry said: “The platform is a helpful tool for all businesses, whether you are an accountancy practice managing the records of hundreds of clients, a bookkeeper managing ten or a small business owner looking after your own affairs. It saves you time and ensures everything is all in one place. It also helps you by ensuring actions such as company returns are completed on time.
“Because it’s so useful to businesses we knew it would have a large market reach, but even we are staggered by the early success and we are really grateful to everyone who has signed up to use it.”
It was London based MessageMail which already managed a number of companies on the Inform Direct platform that registered the 3000th company.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 9 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour