Local Capita team wins Mortgage Finance Gazette award
- Credit: Archant
Award for Ipswich based financial team
The Capita Mortgage Services’ arrears and recoveries team, based in Ipswich, has won an award for the best debt and arrears strategy for 2016.
The team was presented with the Mortgage Finance Gazette award at a ceremony on November 18 in London.
The award was in recognition of the team’s work in helping its clients and their borrowers to manage mortgage arrears – from identifying financially vulnerable borrowers in order to help prevent them getting into arrears and providing them with the correct information early in the process, to delivering a consistent service through one point of contact all the way through the process and training its employees to make tough decisions when necessary.
Joanne Atkin, group editor of Mortgage Finance Gazette, said: “Capita has a proactive approach to helping people try to lift themselves out of arrears by understanding their situation rather than just concentrating on money collection. Having a dedicated case manager who is specifically trained and regularly assessed is an important part of this process. The judges particularly liked the court training case managers receive from a real District Judge so they can understand the workings of a courtroom and the impact on borrowers who are struggling.”
Capita Mortgage Services has been managing arrears for over 40 years and ensures clients have confidence and trust in the advice offered by its employees.
The team in Ipswich is made up of 35 employees, headed up by Craig Osborne, Sharon Ross, Devon Hambling, Robert Swansborough and Kerrie Hornberger.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
Stuart Steele, head of operations at Capita Mortgage Services said: “We are really delighted that this award recognises not only the skills and abilities of the arrears & recoveries team here at Capita Mortgage Services and the great level of service that they provide to both customers and clients, but also the strength and variety of our training programme. This is key to ensuring we are able to build on our capabilities and grow at the same time“We believe that developing a proactive relationship and tailored solutions for our clients is the best way to manage a situation involving debt and arrears, so that the best interest of our clients is always maintained.”
Now in its 16th year, the Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards acknowledge the achievements over the past year of the mortgage lending industry, from an innovative product to revolutionary technology.