New gift shop with a difference opens in Ipswich town centre
- Credit: Archant
Ma Belle Present, a new boutique gift shop with an individual flavour, has opened in Ipswich town centre.
The shop, in Lloyds Avenue, stocks unusual gifts including soft toys, accessories and earrings.
Owner Mandy Wan, 24, said: “It has started off quite quietly because not so many people are coming into town, but I think word is starting to spread now, partly through my family and friends.”
Miss Wan said the range included some items with a Japanese/Asian flavour. She has also designed and launched her own MaBelle Princess stationery range, featuring pastel colours.
It is hoped to expand the range to include story books, fashion, jewellery and housewares.
MORE: Wine merchants opens near Ipswich Waterfront“It was an idea I had when I was at high school, because I liked things that were more personalised and unique,” Miss Wan said. “I wanted to create my own content.”
You may also want to watch:
She has a background of customer service, having previously worked for a jewellery store and in insurance.
The shop’s launch had to be delayed because of lockdown and it is currently open for reduced hours, but it is hoped these will increase in future. It also has social distancing measures in place.
- 1 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 2 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 5 'Knock at the door it's... Sir Keir Starmer?' Labour leader joins Ipswich bingo night
- 6 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 7 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 8 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Ipswich street closure could be made permanent under consultation plans
As well as calling into the store, it is also possible for customers to order items by emailing via its website.
Ma Belle Present is currently open from 11am to 3pm from Tuesday to Saturday. For more information, visit the website or search for @MaBellePresent on Facebook.
MORE: Back our local high streets as stores reopen