Work starts at massive £26million Ipswich home for carpet firm
- Credit: Archant
Building work on a carpet and flooring firm’s new £26million regional distribution centre in Ipswich has begun.
The massive 19 acre, 190,000sq ft Headlam project was launched this week, with an official sod-cutting ceremony taking place at the purpose-built centre off Hadleigh Road.
It will house the long-established Faithfulls and Garrods businesses from nearby Hadleigh, with the £26m construction project on the old Harris bacon factory site due to be finished by easter 2020.
Employees from Faithfulls and Garrods, which employ around 100 staff, will move to the new facility when it is completed.
Around 80 additional jobs will also be created in Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Faithfulls, which has been based in Hadleigh since 1955, has grown to become a leading flooring distributor in the south-east.
Headlam has been operating for 26 years, employing more than 2,600 people and describing itself as Europe's leading distributor of floor coverings.
- 1 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 2 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 4 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 5 Woman thought partner was going to kill her during row, court hears
- 6 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 7 Ipswich man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 9 Ipswich newsagents has licence revoked over sales of super-strength lager
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say