National: Boost for budget airlines
- Credit: PA
Passenger numbers are on the rise
Two major budget airlines carried an increased number of passengers last month.
Ryanair numbers reached 4.6 million in January 2014 - a 5.0% rise on the January 2013 figure.
The Irish low-fare airline carried 81.6 million people in the 12 months ending January 2014 - a 3% increase on the figure for the 12 months ending January 2013.
EasyJet announced it had carried 4.02 million passengers last month - a rise of 3.7% on its January 2013 total. Its planes flew 85.4% full last month compared with Ryanair’s figure of 71.0%.
You may also want to watch:
EasyJet’s passenger numbers for the 12 months ending January 2014 totalled 61.47 million - a 3.6% increase on the previous 12-month period.
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 3 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 4 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 5 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 6 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert