New base for social enterprises
A newly refurbished office centre which provides a base for “social enterprises” is to be officially launched in Ipswich next month.
IPSWICH: A newly refurbished office centre which provides a base for “social enterprises” is to be officially launched in the town next week.
The Brightspace complex in Hadleigh Road has been created by community organisation Suffolk ACRE to offer affordable office space, complemented by a wide range of business, administrative and technological support.
Social enterprises are not-for-profit organisations committed to tackling social, environmental, cultural and economic challenges, and contribute an estimated �24billion a year to the UK economy.
The Brightspace launch, on March 10, is expected to be attended by around 150 influential guests from across East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
Social entrepreneur and county councillor Craig Dearden-Phillips, founder of Speaking Up, will be the keynote speaker and he will be joined by Jenny Crampton from Street Forge Workshops, a social enterprise which produce+ high quality garden accessories.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast