New busines concentrates on well-being
- Credit: Archant
Taking a massage - with your clothes on
Massage can be invigorating or relaxing.
When I have been for a massage before, in a hotel spa and on a cruise ship, it has been of the hands-on variety by qualified masseurs.
That is not the only option these days.
At InvigR8 in Foxhall Road, Ipswich the therapy is delivered is by a machine, an aqua massage machine.
You may also want to watch:
And, unlike other massages, you don’t have to take your clothes off!
Though I did remove my shoes.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 6 Two Suffolk centres offering walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations tomorrow
- 7 Man appears in court to face charges after Ipswich 'brawl'
- 8 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 9 Staff ‘burnt out and tearful’: Whistleblowers raise alarm over hospital maternity safety
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
Kay and Richard Klein launched InvigR8 in September, after months of preparation and planning, in what was previously a local post office.
Kay said: “I had been working for the health service, in HR previously, and I was made redundant in February.
“I had been looking around for something different to do when I found these spa machines on the internet, and began to do research.
“We went up to Carlisle to see machines, similar to this, in action and were impressed.
“I tried it and it felt amazing,” added Richard.
The massage machines are imported fromt he USA.
“You don’t find many of them in this country,” he added.
The massage machines could be set at various levels of intensity, with men generally choosing a firmer, more active session.
Kay added: “It is about well-being and feeling good.
“I try to have one or two a week myself.
“We also have the Vibra Plate machine, a non exercise exerciser which is very popular. Some customers do both. They are both about well-being, making people feel well in themselves.”
The proof is in the pudding, so Richard set up the aqua massage machine for me. I removed my shoes and stretched out, on my face, on the treatment bed.
Then the treatment lid was lowered down and the machine switched on.
There was an emergency button, that I could use to stop it, if I changed my mnd.
For ten minutes if felt like a heated roller moved up from the soles of my feet to my shoulders and back again.
The pressure was quite firm, and I did feel it was doing me good.
Afterwards I felt invigorated, and relaxed like I had just had a gym work-out or perhaps a game of squash..
Yet I was completely dry.
It was surprising how the mind plays tricks too.
At times I imagined I could feel water trickling on my back, during treatment, but there was nothing there!
InvigR8, Foxhall Road, Ipswich.
Telephone 01473 807209