200 rooms booked for film crew in Ipswich, hotel manager says
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A hotel manager has claimed there are 200 rooms booked for a film crew in Ipswich.
It's not clear what the film crew are doing in Ipswich but they are believed to be filming in the surrounding areas.
Novotel hotel manager Angisan Nuwan Jayasena said: "There's a film shooting around the area. A lot of rooms have been booked and we've also taken the overflow from the other hotels.
"A massive production, I think 200 rooms across all the hotels in Ipswich."
He added this might be the reason that other businesses may have since an uptick in leisure in the town centre.
One of those areas may be Holbrook where on Monday, September 6, film crews were spotted at the village hall and at a property in Clifton Wood.
You may also want to watch:
The village hall was transformed into a hospital and the house in Clifton Wood became the set for a house party, with actors filmed skateboarding outside.
- 1 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
- 2 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 3 Meet the strongest 40+ English woman, a teacher from Ipswich
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Roadworks held up by parked Mini
- 6 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 7 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 8 Chris Louis big Q&A: What now for the Witches? What now for speedway?
- 9 Man sent obscene online messages to two 'decoy' schoolgirls while on drugs
- 10 More than 500 pupils test positive for Covid since start of term