Sale of popular Ipswich pharmacy announced
- Credit: Christie and Co
The sale of a popular Ipswich pharmacy has been completed for an undisclosed price, it has been announced.
Gainsborough Pharmacy, in Reynolds Road, which dispenses an average of 5,933 items per month, has been purchased by Avalake Ltd.
Christie and Co, who handled the sale, said it demonstrates the “continued high demand for quality pharmacies” in the region.
The business was previously owned by Rohit Soni, who owns another pharmacy in a nearby village, and he decided to sell to concentrate on other ventures.
MORE: Do you Shop Local with independents? Fill in our surveyRaman Gangwar, of new owners Avalake, said: “It’s been great working with Mark at Christie & Co again to secure this exciting pharmacy in Ipswich. Thanks for all your help along the way and we look forward to the next one.”
Mark Page, director at Christie and Co, said: “This sale demonstrates the continued high demand for quality pharmacies in East Anglia. The sector has performed well during the pandemic and this has given fresh confidence to buyers who see a healthy, long-term future for community pharmacy.”
The pharmacy was sold off-market for an undisclosed price.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice