Sale of popular Ipswich pharmacy announced
- Credit: Christie and Co
The sale of a popular Ipswich pharmacy has been completed for an undisclosed price, it has been announced.
Gainsborough Pharmacy, in Reynolds Road, which dispenses an average of 5,933 items per month, has been purchased by Avalake Ltd.
Christie and Co, who handled the sale, said it demonstrates the “continued high demand for quality pharmacies” in the region.
The business was previously owned by Rohit Soni, who owns another pharmacy in a nearby village, and he decided to sell to concentrate on other ventures.
MORE: Do you Shop Local with independents? Fill in our surveyRaman Gangwar, of new owners Avalake, said: “It’s been great working with Mark at Christie & Co again to secure this exciting pharmacy in Ipswich. Thanks for all your help along the way and we look forward to the next one.”
Mark Page, director at Christie and Co, said: “This sale demonstrates the continued high demand for quality pharmacies in East Anglia. The sector has performed well during the pandemic and this has given fresh confidence to buyers who see a healthy, long-term future for community pharmacy.”
You may also want to watch:
The pharmacy was sold off-market for an undisclosed price.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Two Suffolk centres offering walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations tomorrow
- 5 Man appears in court to face charges after Ipswich 'brawl'
- 6 Ipswich nursery rated as 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 7 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 8 Ipswich city bid dropped after failing to get backing from MP Tom Hunt
- 9 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 10 Staff ‘burnt out and tearful’: Whistleblowers raise alarm over hospital maternity safety