Poundstretcher confirmed to join expanded Rosehill Retail Park in Felixstowe Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich is set to get a Poundstretcher store after the retailer has been confirmed to join the Rosehill Retail Centre expansion.
The East of England Co-op, which owns the retail park, last month announced a major £4million revamp of the site which would create three new units.
The existing Aldi store will move into a bigger unit next to the Co-op store, with Poundstretcher the first of the three additions to be confirmed.
Nick Denny, joint chief executive for the East of England Co-op, said: “We have a great relationship with Poundstretcher, with them already trading successfully alongside our stores in Combs Ford, Stowmarket and Stanway Retail Park in Essex. We’re also in advanced talks with potential tenants for the two remaining units.”
Demolition work for empty properties along Felixstowe Road is already underway, with Barnes Construction confirmed as the contractor for the development.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Fayers, managing director of Barnes Construction, said: “We are delighted to have been appointed by East of England Co-op to carry out the construction work to expand the retail offering in this area of Ipswich.
“I have no doubt that when completed the development will be of huge benefit to local residents and the community in east Ipswich.”
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
In the last year Barnes has already worked on high profile projects such as the Two Rivers Medical Centre in Woodbridge Road and the Sailmakers shopping centre in Tavern Street.
Construction work is set to begin later this year with the aim of having all five stores open by Easter 2018.
Mr Denny added: “This is an exciting development for the East of England Co-op.
“Following a culmination of five years of preparation and obtaining planning consent we’re now looking forward to seeing the Rosehill Retail Centre progress over the coming months.”