Stalls galore as Saints Street Market returns to Ipswich
- Credit: Cathy Frost
Crowds are expected to enjoy a popular summer street market which returns to Ipswich town centre in its full capacity after two years.
The Saints Street Market will be back in full on St Peters Street this Sunday, (June 26) with 36 local craft stalls; ranging from textiles, and jewellery to printmakers, vintage items and upcycled products and candles.
The market has been running since 2010 and has become an integral part of the community and Ipswich town centre.
The Saints Street Market will welcome returning traders, including The Stained Glass Studio, Afrocentric and the After Hours Collective, as well as many new sellers, such as Cookie Barista, Marie Soul Illustrations and Kieran Page Illustrations.
The event comes back to full capacity after last year’s smaller market due to the pandemic.
Cathy Frost, the owner of Loveone and the Saints Community Interest Company, said: “The market is a great way to support your local high street and community.
"As organisers, we understand it is a challenging time for everyone, so the public’s support will be even more valuable and welcomed. The weather looks good, so we are looking forward to seeing a large crowd on the Saints.”
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after crash involving pedestrian
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 4 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 5 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 6 Postcode guide: What is it like to live in IP4?
- 7 Heatwave possible as temperatures expected to soar
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing is remanded in custody
- 9 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 10 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
The event will take place from 10am to 4pm and is free for visitors.