Saturday May 6 is Yarn Shop Day
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich-based Jenny Wren’s Yarns is among crafts stores across the country which will be taking part in the fourth annual Yarn Shop Day, which takes place on Saturday, May 6.
Lois Mickeburgh, owner of Jenny Wren’s Yarns said they were excited to be involved again.
The event was started by knitting and crafting magazines in a bid to celebrate Britain’s much-loved independent wool shops, she said.
She said: “We can’t wait wait to take part in the event. Knitting and crochet is growing in popularity, and we know that customers rely on their local yarn shop for more than just needles and wool.
“Many people come in for advice or to join a class or a group. and they love to feel part of a crafting community.”
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Jenny Wren’s Yarns will be hosting Crafternoon drop-in sessions throughout the day, which will give peopel the chance to try a selection of mini projects suitable for all ages.
“We will also be running a raffle and tombola raising funds for Suffolk Autism Services as well as offering special one day only discounts on selected lines.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 5 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 6 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
“We are looking forward to welcoming customers old and new through the door, and hope our local knitters and crocheters will get involved.”
For more information about the plans for the day go to the website; www.jennywrensyarns.co.uk