Site manager Steve wins regional housebuilder title
- Credit: Archant
Pride in the Job award for a local builder
Building site manager Steve George, from Ipswich is a champion housebuilder.
Housebuilder Steve,65, has been revealed as a regional champion for the East in NHBC’s 33rd annual Pride in the Job Awards, which rewards individual site managers who build high quality homes.
Stephen, of Ipswich-based Landex Living, was one of five recognised at a ceremony held at the Athena in Leicester recently, winning the Small Builder category for the Old Auction Yard site in Haughley, near Stowmarket.
The NHBC (National House-Building Council) Pride in the Job Awards are the most sought after accolades in the industry.
The NHBC is the UK’s leading new-home warranty provider.
Richard Hartshorn, NHBC regional director, congratulated Stephen on his win:
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 10 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
He said: “Stephen is absolutely at the top of his game, building some of the best houses in the UK. Site managers are pivotal to the success of any project and rewarding and recognising site managers through Pride in the Job is one of the most important things we do at NHBC.
“The competition has driven up standards in new home construction right across the UK for over three decades.
“The field of competition is huge, so winning is the definitive mark of success. I wish Stephen the best of luck for the national final.”
Along with the champions from eight other UK regions, Stephen now progresses to Pride in the Job’s Supreme Gala in London on January 2014 where the nation’s Supreme Winners will be announced.
Steve George said:“Winning this award means everything, because our quality has been recognised, and our tradesmen get the recognition they deserve. I work for a company that always gives me their full support.”
I spoke Stephen when he took a break from putting in footings at a new development in Brandeston.
He said: “I am absolutely over the moon.
“It is my first nomination though I have been in the trade for many years, most of my life.
“It is not all about the site manager, but about the team.
“It is about Landex, We work as a unit and we are good at what we do.”
Following three years in the merchant navy, he has worked in house-building for 45 years.
He has been with Landex Living since 2008.