Staff excited by the prospects for the future - claim
- Credit: citizenside.com
New ownership for Felixstowe shipping company Imorex
Felixstowe-based Imorex Shipping Services has been acquired by logistics and supply chain group Harrison C White, which also has its headquarters in the town.
Imorex, which was established in 1973, provides global forwarding, customs brokerage and UK and Ireland distribution services and is a leading specialist in car packing, regularly handling the transportation of rare and high-value cars to and from destinations worldwide
Founder and now former owner Alan Nunn will remain with the business as non-executive chairman, with David Ablitt continuing to drive the business on a day-to-day basis as managing director.
Carl Day, chief executive of Harrison C White, said: “This is an exciting development for us.
You may also want to watch:
“Acquiring such a long established and well respected company with the pedigree of Imorex will complement other companies in our group and provide us with excellent opportunities for continued growth.”
He added: “The existing strong management combined with the professional and dedicated staff are the true asset of the business and with our help and future investments, we hope to grow the business, to becoming one of the flagships of our group of companies.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 3 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 4 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 5 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 8 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 9 'Disgraceful' obscene graffiti sprayed on skatepark and play equipment
- 10 Tesco opens new store in Ipswich town centre in August
Mr Nunn said Imorex had built an enviable reputation in the warehousing, transport and freight business over the 43 years of its existence.
“I am delighted that we are now becoming part of a very dynamic group with wide ranging services in different markets to our own,” he said.
“The expertise and contacts which the Harrison C White group of companies brings will enable Imorex to further develop and expand into some new areas aligned to our existing trades.
“All of the existing staff will remain and they are all very excited by the prospects for the future.”
The value of the transaction has not been disclosed.
Other Harrison C White companies include Procurus, Procurus Europa, Procurus USA and Universus Logistics, each specialising in specific aspects of supply chain requirements.
The group has annual turnover of around £55m and operates from offices in Scotland, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Russia and the Unites States in addition to its Suffolk HQ.