Suffolk: Events launch new style of building society membership
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Building Society launches its All In scheme
Ipswich Building Society has this week launched “All In” its new brand for membership.
It is believed that no other building society has branded its offering of membership before.
This new brand aims to communicate to members the clear and distinct benefits of membership of a building society versus a bank and in particular, that of being a member of Ipswich Building Society.
“The principle of membership is the cornerstone of the building society movement”, said Paul Winter, Chief Executive, Ipswich Building Society. “However, very few members of building societies realise that they have this status and that as a result they own part of the business. We want to help our members to embrace their membership status and to become more involved.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve decided to create All In to communicate the facets of membership to our members. The brand aims to make membership valuable and understandable. It does this through explaining how a building society operates differently to a bank and how members own the business, how we are committed to excellent service and will be publishing our satisfaction scores online, encouraging members to share their community causes and growing our programme of member events to local performances and places of interest.”
Paul continued: “We believe by bringing membership to life in this way we can demonstrate why it is better to be a member of a building society over a bank.”
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
He said All In has four strands:
Ownership – as a member you have a share in the business and this ensures we continue to act in your interests. As a member, you can monitor our performance, ask questions about how we’re run and vote on important decisions.
Volunteering – we want to help members share causes that they care about and increase volunteering as a result.
Events – tailor made for our members to enjoy the finest attractions, arts events and places of beauty in Suffolk.
Feedback – we are providing more ways for members to feedback to us online, on iPads in branches, via the phone and publishing our satisfaction scores, comments and resulting actions on the Members’ Lounge of our website.
All In launched on Tuesday with a range of activities across the Tower Ramparts, Sudbury, Saxmundham and Halesworth branches of Ipswich Building Society.