Suffolk family firm Farthing Funeral Service wins top praise
- Credit: Luke Farthing
A family-run funeral service in Ipswich has been named one of the best in the UK, with its staff assessed as “lovely, gentle and thoughtful”.
Farthing Funeral Service has won a top place in the Good Funeral Guide, a social enterprise company dedicated to representing the interests of dying and bereaved people.
Charles Cowling, author of the guide, said: “The team at Farthing Funeral Service are unsung heroes doing a magnificent job, and the people of Suffolk deserve to know this.”
Farthing Funeral Service has branches in Ipswich, Felixstowe and Debenham and it is run by Luke Farthing.
Mr Farthing joined the Ipswich office in 1985, along with his eldest brother, Robert.
He said: “We are delighted to have been recognised in this way. We firmly believe that it is important to be able to make the way you say farewell to the one you love as individual and personal as you choose.”
The full Good Funeral Guide review can be found here.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 6 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 7 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 8 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 9 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 10 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families