Suffolk family firm Farthing Funeral Service wins top praise
- Credit: Luke Farthing
A family-run funeral service in Ipswich has been named one of the best in the UK, with its staff assessed as “lovely, gentle and thoughtful”.
Farthing Funeral Service has won a top place in the Good Funeral Guide, a social enterprise company dedicated to representing the interests of dying and bereaved people.
Charles Cowling, author of the guide, said: “The team at Farthing Funeral Service are unsung heroes doing a magnificent job, and the people of Suffolk deserve to know this.”
Farthing Funeral Service has branches in Ipswich, Felixstowe and Debenham and it is run by Luke Farthing.
Mr Farthing joined the Ipswich office in 1985, along with his eldest brother, Robert.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We are delighted to have been recognised in this way. We firmly believe that it is important to be able to make the way you say farewell to the one you love as individual and personal as you choose.”
The full Good Funeral Guide review can be found here.
- 1 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 2 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 4 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 5 Woman thought partner was going to kill her during row, court hears
- 6 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 7 Ipswich man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 9 Ipswich newsagents has licence revoked over sales of super-strength lager
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say