Opening date of new Cardinal Park gym revealed
- Credit: Archant
A new gym which took over the former sites of Flux Freestyle and Chimichanga in Ipswich’s Cardinal Park has revealed its opening date.
The Gym will begin welcoming fitness fanatics on Thursday, June 27.
MORE: New project to boost employment for disadvantaged Ipswich youngstersWith less than a month to go until the opening, work is still under way to transform the 15,000 sq ft town centre venue into a new gym.
The site had been empty for more than a year after Flux Freestyle and Chimichanga collapsed due to the harsh economic climate.
However, the national fitness chain, which operates around 170 gyms across the UK, is hoping to make the new location a success.
For the last month employees from the gym have been a regular sight in the town centre, handing out flyers and enticing people to join the new gym.
You may also want to watch:
This is the second time the Cardinal Park site has been used as a gym - with Gym and Trim Health Club occupying it before folding in 2011.
- 1 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer joins Ipswich bingo night
- 3 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 4 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 5 Why you should be heading to Beach Street this Saturday
- 6 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 7 Mum's pride as former Ipswich schoolboy named in Tokyo 2020 Olympics squad
- 8 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 9 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 10 'I can't sleep' – Ipswich Hockey Club tired by ASB at new pitch