There is so much to enjoy in our great town
- Credit: Archant
Town Topics with Paul Clement of Ipswich Central
Life is sometimes so busy that it is easy to forget to do some of the fantastic things we have on offer in our town.
In the last week or so, for example, I have been fortunate enough to spend two cracking nights out.
Firstly, I was part of a capacity audience at the New Wolsey to see ‘Our House’ a musical drama based around the hits of Madness.
This was homegrown, locally produced theatre at its absolute best.
You may also want to watch:
It was fantastic!
Talking to some of the theatre’s team afterwards, they were telling me that they now start a national tour, taking in top venues in places like Nottingham, Plymouth, Edinburgh and Bath.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 3 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 4 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Covid infections mapped: Just 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 8 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 9 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
They are not just taking the show on tour but are using it as a vehicle to sell Ipswich as a place to come and stay.
Then, later in the same week, I attended the first Ipswich Fashion event at the Cornhill along with 500 or so other people. It was a great atmosphere and, even though it would probably be fair to say that I am no expert, it made me realise just how strong this area is in the fashion sector.
And, all of that in just a few days.
So next time someone says to you “there is nothing to do in Ipswich” tell him or her to get out more.
They will be amazed at what’s on offer.
PS – worth reminding them that, from 3pm onwards, they can park or travel by bus for just £1, so price is no obstacle to staying longer and having a great night out in town.