UK pub group is to create thousands to jobs
- Credit: PA
JD Wetherspoon plans to open 200 new pubs
Pub chain JD Wetherspoon is to open 200 new pubs and create 15,000 jobs over the next five years, the company has announced.
The firm said it will invest more than £400 million developing new pubs across the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Wetherspoon, which already operates 931 pubs and employs 34,000 staff, said the new jobs will be spread across the new outlets as well as at existing sites.
The new posts will include management roles as well as jobs for bar, kitchen and front of house staff.
You may also want to watch:
Wetherspoon chairman Tim Martin said: “We are looking forward to opening the new pubs, many of which will be in areas where Wetherspoon is not yet represented.
“We are proud to be creating so many new jobs.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 8 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
“Wetherspoon paid more than £600 million in taxes in our last financial year and this will rise to approximately £1 billion in the course of the next five years.”