Busy start to Boxing Day sales in Ipswich town centre
- Credit: Mark Bullimore
For those stores that did open in Ipswich town centre today, there appeared to be a busy start to the Boxing Day sales.
Queues of people were seen outside some shops, while Sailmakers Shopping Centre retailers reported brisk business on one of the busiest days of the year.
At Topshop, trainee team leader Aaron Hardy said: “There are lots of shoppers about and lots of them are spending their Christmas gift vouchers.
“Topman has been very steady but Topshop has been hectic.
“We launched our sale on Christmas Eve and everyone has been coming in and spending.”
You may also want to watch:
At The Perfume Shop manager Zita Bradley said: “It has been going really well for us in the run-up to Christmas and that’s carried on today with lots of shoppers in the store and in the centre.”
Neisha Sharman, assistant manager at QUIZ, also reported a good day. She said: “I’m really too busy to talk to you right now but it has been good from about 10am onwards.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
“It’s one of our busiest days of the year and it’s going really well.”
Mike Sorhaindo, Manager of Sailmakers Shopping Centre, said: “Boxing Day is always a very important day in the retail calendar and that’s been true again this year.
“Sailmakers is a brand new centre and people are enjoying coming to Sailmakers and looking for bargains.
“It has been a busy run-up to Christmas and we expect this to continue as we run into the sales period.”