Call for Copleston classmates
CALLING all Coplestonians!Were you at the school between 1954 and 1959? If so, a reunion is being held in August for you to get in touch with some former friends.
CALLING all Coplestonians!
Were you at the school between 1954 and 1959?
If so, a reunion is being held in August for you to get in touch with some former friends.
Bob Howlett, who went to the school during this time and was a star of the school football first team, wants to hear from you.
You may also want to watch:
Bob told the Evening Star that the reunion would be a fantastic opportunity for ex-class mates to get in touch, just like some of their older brothers did earlier in the year.
Back in January boys who attended between 1948 and 1955 had the chance to mull over old times at St Clements Social Club, Ipswich – the same venue for the August event.
- 1 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 2 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 7 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 10 Man released on bail after central Ipswich stabbing
Around 160 former pupils were in attendance for the reunion earlier this year, the third time in recent years that former Copleston pupils have got together. Bob hopes that the slightly younger men can make an equally impressive turnout.
He said: "We would like to get as many as 150 people there in August, but in reality 75 is a more realistic figure.
"We would like people to get in touch with either myself or any of my three friends, who they may remember, to tell us if they're interested.
n The Class of '54-'59 Copleston Reunion will take place at the St Clements Social Club on Friday August 23 2002. The cost is £5 and there will be a buffet.
Contact either Bob Howlett on 01473 652662, Roy Brockman on 01473 729501, Bob Graves on 01473 251506 or Brian Ward on 01473 622272.