Call for emerging talent
IPSWICH'S New Wolsey Theatre is today seeking applications from new and emerging artistes to perform at Pulse 2008. A theatre spokeswoman said: “The Pulse Fringe Festival is a multi-disciplinary festival of contemporary performing arts providing an annual platform for the most innovative and fresh theatre, visual arts, dance, live art, mixed media and music.
IPSWICH'S New Wolsey Theatre is today seeking applications from new and emerging artistes to perform at Pulse 2008.
A theatre spokeswoman said: “The Pulse Fringe Festival is a multi-disciplinary festival of contemporary performing arts providing an annual platform for the most innovative and fresh theatre, visual arts, dance, live art, mixed media and music.
“Pulse celebrates new and emerging artists and fresh approaches to performance in all disciplines, nurturing artistic ambition and excellence and showcasing the most cutting-edge, boundary-breaking performing arts from the region and beyond.”
Applicants must be able to convince festival director Stephen Freeman that they have professional intent, that PULSE is an important stepping-stone is their career development and that they will produce work which meets the festival's aims.
You may also want to watch:
The New Wolsey provides technical, artistic and marketing advice so participants not only get the opportunity to perform but also get the benefit of professional back up. With up to 40 events over a three week period Pulse is a competitive environment in terms of attracting an audience.
Mr Freeman said: “Pulse 07 set the standard and we are keen to maintain that next year. All applications will be considered equally and we make no demands in terms of prior success but we do need to be convinced that the applicant is going to make the most of the opportunity we give them and that they can realize their proposed concept. “Ideally we want to present work which will go on to further development and this must be part of the applicant's intention, that and the wish to gain experience, to try out new work and to be part of a festival which is becoming a recognised showcase of new talent in the UK.”
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
Pulse '08 will run from May 29 2008 and The application deadline is 7 December. For more information and to download an application form visit www.wosleytheatre.co.uk/pulse
Is there enough support for emerging artists? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or write firstname.lastname@example.org