Call for volunteers to join fresh search for missing Kesgrave teenager Kennedy Palmer
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers will be out searching for Kesgrave High School student Kennedy Palmer, 15, this afternoon in a bid to help her distraught family.
The team will search the Felixstowe Road area of Levington Road and are calling on others to join them.
A post on the Find Kennedy Palmer Facebook page reads: “Who is up for joining us this afternoon? Bring your dog’s for walk.
“Come on and help more the better.”
The posted added: “I don’t know the family but want to help. They are distraught. Please help too.”
This afternoon’s search starts at 1.30pm at the Seven Hills Crematorium.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow, teams will search Rendlesham Forest, meeting at the play area by the UFO trail at 10.30am. Anyone joining is advised to wear appropriate foot wear.
The teenager left home on foot at around 8am on Thursday wearing her Kesgrave High School uniform and has not been seen since.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
Yesterday, Kennedy’s mother Nicola Palmer was joined by more than 25 volunteers in a widespread search around Grange Farm and Levington but failed to find any trace of her.
Posters printed by Jessops in Ipswich and Tesco have been distributed around the area, with more than 1,000 given out yesterday.
Officers searching for the teenager on the ground were helped by the police helicopter, which was spotted over Foxhall, Rushmere and Kesgrave yesterday afternoon.
Detectives issued a picture of Kennedy’s black backpack with distinctive white pattern which they believe she is carrying.
The 15-year-old is described as around 5ft 3ins tall, with brown hair, and blue eyes.
She has a distinctive haircut, long on one side and shaved on the other.
When she left home she was wearing a sky blue shirt, a navy blue jumper, navy blue trousers and was wearing ankle boots.
• If you have any details call police on 101.