Call to sign up to Race for Life in Trinity Park on June 18 and 19
- Credit: Archant
Mums and daughters from Ipswich are being encouraged to enter Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life this Mother’s Day.
The women-only series of 5k, 10k and Pretty Muddy events raise millions of pounds every year to help fund life-saving research.
Rachel Parratt, Race for Life event manager for Ipswich, said: “We are urging women in Ipswich to give their mums a special gift this Mother’s Day, by signing up to Race for Life together.
“The feel-good factor that comes from being part of an army of women ready to show cancer who’s boss will last long after the event is over.”
This year, Race for Life Pretty Muddy takes place on Saturday, June 18 with Race for Life 5k and 10k on Sunday, June 19.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, 3,560 women took part in Race for Life in Ipswich and raised a £229,400.
To enter Race for Life’s events, visit raceforlife.org or call 0300 123 0770.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 10 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault