Can you answer these 11 questions about Ipswich’s public artworks and sculptures?
- Credit: Archant
If you take a walk around Suffolk’s county town you cannot fail to notice some of the public artwork on display.
Ranging from murals to statues of sporting heroes, they are dotted around Ipswich – sometimes subtly placed, sometimes larger then life.
There are several famous ones anyone from the town will know and recognise, but how much do you know about the artworks themselves, their history, and their subjects?
Have a go at our 11 question quiz to test your knowledge of the art around Ipswich.
Public art has had a real boost in recent years around the country with the creation of special trails, like the Pigs Gone Wild installation in Ipswich last summer.
But if you have a bit of a cultural craving you don’t have to wait for one of these – most large towns will have a variety of displays out and about for all to see.
Next time you visit a new town, why not have a look and see what you can spot?
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 8 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Dog rescued from flat fire