Candle causes fire in Ipswich flat

WITHOUT electricity for around two days, an Ipswich man left his flat in an attempt to sort out the problem - and is today counting the cost of a candle he accidentally left alight in the bathroom.

WITHOUT electricity for around two days, an Ipswich man left his flat in an attempt to sort out the problem - and is today counting the cost of a candle he accidentally left alight in the bathroom.

When he returned, he found the candle had caused a fire, leaving parts of the bathroom blackened.

The fire had been put out by firefighters, who were called to the first floor flat in Alderlee, Ipswich, shortly before 1.40pm today and had the fire under control by 2pm.

A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze was not being treated as suspicious.


You may also want to watch:


For the full story, see The Evening Star tomorrow.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter