Cannabis found at Felixstowe man's home
POLICE at Felixstowe today seized a quantity of cannabis plants from the home of a 59-year-old man.The man – who has not been named – was arrested and is currently at the town's police station and is due to be questioned by officers this afternoon.
FORENSIC experts are today examining a hoard of cannabis plants seized in a raid on an address at Felixstowe.
Police at Felixstowe confiscated a quantity of cannabis plants after they swooped yesterday morning on the home of a 59-year-old man.
The man – who has not been named – was arrested and was quizzed at the town's police station yesterday afternoon.
Five cannabis plants, each between five feet and six feet tall, were recovered from a greenhouse after police from Felixstowe, with back-up from the Operational Support Group, raided the premises.
The man was later released on police bail and was bailed to return to Felixstowe police station on October 27.
A police spokesman said that experts would in the meantime study the crop of cannabis plants as evidence.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 6 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 7 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 8 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 9 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 10 Tributes to Ipswich's 'Mr Buses'
The action was part of the ongoing Operation Crackdown campaign to tackle drugs supply and misuse.
It follows a series of raids at the resort last when six people were arrested, five of them in connection with class A drugs heroin and cocaine, plus cannabis.
n Anyone with information about drug dealing in their area can call the Suffolk police Crackdown hotline on freephone 0800 253 253.
If the information is specifically about drugs in Felixstowe people can call Felixstowe police on 01473 383311.