Norwich Road reopens after crash near Julie’s Afro Hair Supplies
- Credit: Archant
A motorist has been taken to hospital after a crash which caused delays in Ipswich town centre earlier today.
There were reports of heavy delays after a Hyundai and a VW Polo were involved in a collision in Norwich Road at 11.40am this morning, outside Julie’s Afro Hair Supplies, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The East of England Ambulance Service Trust was sent to the scene and paramedics treated one of the drivers involved in the collision.
The driver was taken to Ipswich Hospital with injuries not thought to have been life-changing or life-threatening.
Further details about the driver are not being released.
The road reopened at around 1.20pm, with both vehicles requiring recovery.
Traffic was being held up in both directions close to the road’s junction with Bramford Road.
- 1 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 4 Six police cars at scene of bungalow fire
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring
Motorists were able to pass the accident, but slowly.
The Bramford Road junction, which is currently closed while safety inspections are carried out at the former Rose and Crown pub, is likely to stay shut over the next few days.