Cyclist hurt in crash on busy Ipswich road
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman has been injured in a crash with a car in Nacton Road, Ipswich.
Police and ambulance crews were called to reports of a collision involving a cyclist and a car close to the junction with Rands Way at around 10.15am.
Paramedics treated a woman, the cyclist, at the scene for injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing, a police spokeswoman said.
She has been taken to Ipswich Hospital with head injuries, a spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said.
They added: "An ambulance was called to Nacton Road, Ipswich shortly after 10am today (May 16) following reports of a road traffic incident involving a car and bicycle.
"One woman was transported to Ipswich Hospital with head injuries."
Officers had originally shut the road to investigate but the closure was lifted at approximately 10.40am.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 8 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
- 9 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 10 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
Traffic was heavy in both directions for a short time while emergency services worked at the scene.
Witnesses to the crash and anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101.