Cyclist hurt in crash on busy Ipswich road
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman has been injured in a crash with a car in Nacton Road, Ipswich.
Police and ambulance crews were called to reports of a collision involving a cyclist and a car close to the junction with Rands Way at around 10.15am.
Paramedics treated a woman, the cyclist, at the scene for injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing, a police spokeswoman said.
She has been taken to Ipswich Hospital with head injuries, a spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said.
They added: "An ambulance was called to Nacton Road, Ipswich shortly after 10am today (May 16) following reports of a road traffic incident involving a car and bicycle.
You may also want to watch:
"One woman was transported to Ipswich Hospital with head injuries."
Officers had originally shut the road to investigate but the closure was lifted at approximately 10.40am.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time
- 3 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 4 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 When Anita Dobson visited Ipswich - and more 1980s pub memories
- 7 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 8 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 9 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 10 New UK Covid strain could be more deadly, evidence suggests
Traffic was heavy in both directions for a short time while emergency services worked at the scene.
Witnesses to the crash and anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101.