Car crashes into side of house in Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are on the scene of a collision in Felixstowe where a car has crashed into a house.
Police were called by the ambulance service at around 1.05pm today to the collision in Looe Road.
A fire engine from Felixstowe was sent to the scene as it was initially believed a woman was trapped in the car.
However, on arrival, the crew found she was free from the vehicle.
The East of England Ambulance Service are also on scene.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We have been called to reports that a vehicle has collided with a house in Looe Road.
“There don’t appear to be any serious injuries.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 4 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
“The car has hit the side of the house.”
He said the extent of the damage to the house was not yet known.
A police spokeswoman added: “The driver has sustained minor injuries.
“The fire service were called but were later stood down.
“It doesn’t look like the driver’s injuries required hospital treatment.”
She said Looe Road will remain open to traffic while the vehicle is recovered.